Nội dung chính của bài viết
Aimes: To describe nutritional status and dietary characteristics before stomach surgery..
Methods: A cross-sectional study conducted at the Department of General Surgery and Department of Surgery at the Oncology Center from June 2019 to March 2020. The nutritional status of patients was identified using the Subjective Global Assessment (SGA) classification scale and the Mini Nutritional Assessment (MNA).
Results: 67.1% were men, 65.7% age group ≥ 60; 25.4% of patients lacked energy for a long time when discharged from the hospital, this rate increased to 59.7%; Assessed by the SGA method, there were 80.6% of patients with mild and moderate malnutrition, no patients with severe malnutrition; Assessed by MNA method: 71% risk of malnutrition, 25.8% of malnutrition; According to albumin concentration, malnutrition rate is 19.4%; The rate of weight loss in the last 6 months was 52.2%; The average dietary energy was 1433.6 ± 235.7 kcal; The percentage of subjects meeting the requirements for energy-producing substances was Glucid 7.5%, Lipid 76.1%, Protein 53.7%.
Conclusion: The disease was mainly seen in men and in the age group over 60. The rate of malnutrition in patients before stomach surgery was very high, so hospitalized patients need to have their nutritional status assessed to offer supportive solutions and appropriate nutrition for the patient and treatment prognosis.
Chi tiết bài viết
nutritional status, dietary, stomach surgery, patients
Tài liệu tham khảo
2. Tell G, Tangvik R, Guttormsen A et al. Nutritional risk profile in a univercity hospital population, Clinical nutrition. 2014:14, 25.
3. Nguyen Duy Hieu, Nutritional status and feeding regime of patients with gastrointestinal surgery at Bach Mai Hospital's Department of Surgery in 2016. 2016, Hanoi Medical University.
4. Truong Thi Thu., et al. Nutritional status of patients before gastrectomy at Military Hospital 103. Journal of Military Medicine - Pharmacology, 2018. 4:44-50.
5. Luu Ngan Tam and Nguyen Thuy An, Preoperative nutritional status and infectious complications after hepatobiliary tract surgery at Cho Ray Hospital. Medical Journal of Ho Chi Minh City, 2011. 15 (S4):387-393.
6. Ho Van Thang, Assessment of nutritional status and care activities for patients treated at clinical departments of Tan Ky District General Hospital, Nghe An province. 2014, Thesis BSCCII, Thai Binh University of Medicine and Pharmacy.
7. Doan Duy Tan, Preoperative malnutrition rate and related factors in gastric cancer patients at University of Medicine and Pharmacy Hospital in Ho Chi Minh City, 2018. Master thesis in nutrition, Ha University of Medicine Interior.
8. Nguyen Thi Lan Huong, Initial assessment of nutritional status of newly admitted cancer patients at Phu Tho Provincial General Hospital 2014. Journal of Nutrition & Food, 2015. 11(4).