Nội dung chính của bài viết
The study describes cross-sectional crossings on 90 patients before prepared gastrointestital surgery at Vietnam-Germany Friendship Hospital. The study subjects were assessed for nutritional status on multiplication index such as BMI, mid-upper arm circumference, test index and risk assessment of malnutrition according to the subjective global assessment (SGA). The results showed that the rate of malnutrition according to BMI of patients before surgery was 17,8%, the rate of overweight and obesity was 4,4%, in which patients before gastric surgery have the highest risk of malnutrition. The rate of malnutrition by mid-upper arm circumference was 23,3%. Patients had a 55,6% risk of malnutrition under the SGA, moderate and severe malnutrition 34,5% and 21,1%, respectively. The rate of unwanted weight loss >10% was 26,7%. Blood albumin levels <35g/l and anemia at the time of surgery were 28,3% and 51,8%, respectively. Malnutrition accounts for a fairly high proportian in patients before gastrointestinal surgery, high rates of weight loss and anemia.
Chi tiết bài viết
malnutrition, before surgery, unwanted weight loss, gastrointestinal
Tài liệu tham khảo
2. Correia MITD, Perman MI, Waitzberg DL. Hospital malnutrition in Latin America: A systematic review. Clin Nutr. 2017;36(4):958-967.
3. Tuyet CT. Comprehensive nutritional effect for patients with open abdominal surgery - open digestion prepared at the surgery department of Bach Mai hospital in 2013.
4. Tran Thi Giang Hương, Nguyen Thuy Linh. Nutritional status before, after surgery and a number of factors related to postoperative complications on 39 patients at Hanoi Medical University Hospital in 2015. Published online 2015.
5. Young LS, Huong PTT, Lam NT, et al. Nutritional status and feeding practices in gastrointestinal surgery patients at Bach Mai Hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2016;25(3):513-520.
6. Thieme RD, Cutchma G, CHieferdecker MEM, Campos ACL. O índice de risco nutricional (nutritional risk index) é preditor de complicação pós-operatória em operações do aparelho digestivo ou parede abdominal? ABCD Arq Bras Cir Dig São Paulo. 2013;26:286-292.
7. Kaya AS, Pekcan G. Evaluation of Preoperative Nutritional Status of Patients with Gastrointestinal Cancer Using Different Nutritional Screening Tests. Prog Nutr. 2020;22(4):e2020073-e2020073.
8. Bernstein LH, Leukhardt-Fairfield CJ, Pleban W, Rudolph R. Usefulness of data on albumin and prealbumin concentrations in determining effectiveness of nutritional support. Clin Chem. 1989;35(2):271-274.